We have reached that time of year again! That time of year to forget all about picture day! Hopefully you have it more together than I ever do - but if not here’s the skinny:
We are having pictures taken Thursday, September 17th, 2015.
On Lifetouch’s website I found these great tips (maybe there is hope for me yet!):
Use these tips to help your child get ready for a great-looking school portrait that you’ll treasure forever.
- Help your child pick out clothes and colors that look good on them. After all, your child is the star of the photo—not their shirt, so avoid slogans, logos, and big patterns. Small jewelry and accessories are fine but nothing too big or distracting.
Make sure to check your flyer to see sample poses for your Picture Day. Some poses may show pants or skirts, so plan the complete outfit.
- Glasses are okay! Lifetouch photographers know all the tricks to reduce glare.
- Any hairstyle works for Picture Day. Schedule haircuts a few weeks ahead of time to allow hair to grow back a little, or you can go for a fresh-cut look.
- Keep kids relaxed and ready to be themselves. Smiles can look fake if they’re practiced ahead of time. Remember, smiles are like french fries—they’re better when they’re fresh.
- Don’t worry about “perfect”! That hair that always sticks up or a missing tooth shows your child just as they are right now—and you’ll enjoy looking back on that for years to come. On Picture Day, teachers and volunteers will help straighten collars and check posture. And, if you like, we have retouching options for scrapes and blemishes.
Make sure to order your school pictures. There is a promotion for a free shareable image on the envelopes in the take home folders. Our school's Picture Day ID is FO745439Q0